a l w a e z . c o c a - c o l a

Rannz

Monday, June 05, 2006

Hmmm...what an intriguing encounter..

Of all people, one of the Tang sisters - Frances, should pop by our place. Hah..she certainly has changed from when I last saw her! I think that last time must have been when she and Jeanette were still running around in their little pinafores (I bet I've got the spelling wrong :p) back in IJTP..those were their primary school days!! That's almost 6, even 7 years ago!

Haha..but the resemblance is definitely still there..the tanned complexion, baby-like cheeks (if I referred to them as 'chubby' or even hinted at them being baby-fats i'd probably get slaughtered, but you get the idea ;p) smallish eyes, but overall, of course, definitely above average in the looks department, if not rather pretty, I'd have to admit.

Don't get the wrong idea, though..:p I'm not exactly smitten with her - a girl the same age as my younger sister; still in her mid-teenage years. However, I would have to admit that with one of her (three - yes, believe it or not!) other sisters my sentiments do tend towards the.. eh hem, well, let's just say I still have fond memories of those times we used to have tuition together at braddell view.

Then again, being the frightfully timid creature that I am - not all that surprising really considering i'm nicknamed after a long-eared domestic pet that happens to have a fondness for carrots - those memories also carry thoughts of 'what could've been'...a painful reminder now that those memories come flooding back.

There was one single verbal exchange we had - that could just maybe constitute a semblance of a conversation. I think it was the Olympics in Sydney 2000 when the world champion Russian gymnast Khorkina tragically failed in her pet routine, the uneven bars - I think she fell and fractured her ankle. It was a tragic disaster for what would have otherwise been a Legend’s swansong in an arena where she had made such an impact.. I vaguely remember making a passing remark on her (Khorkina’s) accident, which received a rather emotional response, a response which, all at once, had me momentarily lost for words (a reply that would sound thoughtful enough, or something to that effect) and yet at the same time made me realise the fire of a passion and an iron will – that I’d never seen in a girl before.

Part of me longed to get to know her better as a result; yet, the other part felt inadequate and somewhat bashful that I could even have thoughts of wanting to chase her. I guess it was the latter rather then the former in the end which eventually won my internal struggle.

Haha..well. Yea. Another rather private moment in my life now being broadcast for the world to see.. not that it really is all that significant to most, anyway.. Heh, but that chance encounter…just perhaps I might get another chance… =P Hey, a guy can dream, can’t he??
raneth hopped off at 11:46 pm


Abt me...
i'm 22 liao..(getting old?) (going on)2nd yr n'us soci major :)

i love the outdoors, esp on a bike/with a ball at my feet
altho i haven't had much time 4 tt lately..

..and yes, look at the table - Now that's the way the EPL supposed to look!

B l o g s

aaron chan
angel
audrey
cassandra
cheryl
dennis
edwardo
esperanza
felicia
fonzie aka alphonsus
gerald tay
gerri
iggy lee
indra
jeanette
jenna
julia
louis ong
mabelline
matt ng
ming de
pei shan
stina eriksson
sandra ng-celeb
shida
spyke
stefan
tasmia
vanessa
wendy cheng-tnp
yin hong

L i n k s

Blogger
Hotmail
YLM

T A G . M E

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)